Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I haven't had a motocycle since my dirtbike some 25 years ago. Within the last year I've gotten the itch to get a bike for my relatively short commute and to play with on the weekends. I knew I wanted a dual sport bike for the flexability but also knew the majority of time would be on road. The Versys seems to fit the bill perfectly and I can't wait until I get on. I'm taking a basic rider course at the end of Sept. and would like to get the bike shortly afterward. Looks like it may be pretty good timing for the 2009 release.

Looking forward to getting my Versys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome, I got my V back in May.....Ride a lot, but seems like I bought the only V in the in SW Mississippi. Got my bike for the same reasons you did..... I looking for riders with similair bikes in the area.......take a notion to head up this way, drop me a note. P.S. Watch out for the Storms......Don't get those high winds on the 650.... It can be tough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome, I got my V back in May.....Ride a lot, but seems like I bought the only V in the in SW Mississippi. Got my bike for the same reasons you did..... I looking for riders with similair bikes in the area.......take a notion to head up this way, drop me a note. P.S. Watch out for the Storms......Don't get those high winds on the 650.... It can be tough.
Where are you? I am in SW Mississippi, Picayune,Carriere area of Pearl River County

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mksmith, lowflyer, I get to Waveland or a fairly regular basis and it'd be great to hook up with some other V's to cruise down the beach. Well, that is once I get my V :)

I'm heading to Destin this evening to avoid the storm and just to keep my original Labor Day plans, y'all be safe, and keep the V's protected!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Miguelito, It's looking like NOLA will be spared the worst that Gustav could bring. I'm hoping for the best, for everyone that has recently just finished rebuilding and moving back to their homes recently. Personally, being 30miles west of NOLA I escaped Kartina with barely a scratch, so no worries on my behalf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts