Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new member here and in the market to buy one of the two bikes - Versys 1000 or FJ-09.
I still have to check out the Versys in person, since none of the local dealers have received their bikes yet. I do like the FJ-09 a lot, specially the fact that it is almost 70lbs lighter and probably more sporty.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully you get the chance to try both before you buy. The Verys1000 is a fantastic bike and carries it's weight very well. Have heard good things about the FJ09 also.
Good luck with your hunt. :goodluck:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Can't wait to test ride both bikes. Is it Spring yet? lol

·
Registered
805 Posts
:welcome: from Nashua NH huh? That's where I live. alas I only have the 650, but can tell you that it is a great bike. If you see a white Versys 650 around Nashua its probably me. Don't bother looking for another 3 months though as the snow is still about 4 feet deep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha, next month if you see a new Versys or a FJ with a small guy in an off-white Spidi suit with all the armor and a full face helmet, that would be me! lol
If the roads are dry, I ride...and typically I start in March every year :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
I usually do too, but the snow and salt looks to be sticking around extra long this year.

So I moved to Nashua about a year an a half ago, and lived by rt3 exit one. So I didn't really explore Nashua or the area. This past July we bought a house up by exit 5, so we will be here for a while. I see a ton of bikes on my road all the time (when its warm) and am wondering if there are good rides or roads in the area. I know about up northern NH, but am looking for a good local ride. I keep looking for back roads and always end up in Pepperell, Groton, or 111.

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts
I am a new member here and in the market to buy one of the two bikes - Versys 1000 or FJ-09.
I still have to check out the Versys in person, since none of the local dealers have received their bikes yet. I do like the FJ-09 a lot, specially the fact that it is almost 70lbs lighter and probably more sporty.
Check out the latest issue of MOTORCYCLIST for a write-up on BOTH.

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts