Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to motorcycle riding, but I'm an old guy (41). For many years I dreamed about owning my own motorcycle, and that day is just around the corner. It's taken awhile to get my wife on my side for this purchase. ;)

I will be purchasing a 2009 Kawasaki Versys 650 (pictured below) from a fantastic owner out of the Denver area. Low miles, impeccable condition, and some great mods (Yoshimura exhaust, corbin saddle, Aprilia mirrors, and a fender elimination kit) are included.

I did research for well over a year to determine the right bike for me, and it was the Versys. I took the local MSF course a few weekends ago, and just got my endorsement. Can't wait to get on the road!

This forum is a great resource and I look forward to contributing more. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome: I wish i was 41 again.:D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome :) im younger but been riding for 21 years and have to say the versys is one of the most back/knee friendly "sportish" bikes ive ever rode (only thing better was a goldwing)
good snag :) id recommend some hand guards (block the wind from your hands and helps alot. and a taller windscreen if your on the taller side like me (6'2)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
:welcome: Oh, to be 41 again. Though I'm not complaining, 41 is better than 69 - especially since I'm now in recovery mode after receiving a new left hip on 2Oct.

At least I'll be ready to ride again in a month or so. No worries. :thumb:

Ride safely and enjoy your Versys - 41 isn't old by a long shot. :goodluck:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome! I guess if you're old at 41, I'm really old at 51! Oh, and don't forget you have to post in this member intro forum 2 times to be able to post elsewhere. (I just figured this out:confused:)

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
...I took the local MSF course a few weekends ago, and just got my endorsement. Can't wait to get on the road!...
:welcome:

Be 'defensive' ALWAYS, and always be ATGATT!

Oh - and you AIN'T old yet...!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the welcomes! Much appreciated.

Sorry if I offended anyone by the '41 is old' comment. I guess it was more of a statement that I feel old. :) My wife can attest that I certainly don't act 41. More like 14.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts

Sorry if I offended anyone by the '41 is old' comment. I guess it was more of a statement that I feel old. :) My wife can attest that I certainly don't act 41. More like 14.

Thanks again!
I don't think any of us are offended. Just pulling your leg a bit. And acting more like 14 than 41 indicates you've uncovered one of life's great secrets. You can't stop growing old but you never have to grow up. :D

I haven't decided for certain just yet, but if I ever grow up I think I'd like to be captain of a Klingon battle cruiser. :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks again!
Let me say this about feeling old...I started late in life with my kids. I have twin 4 yr old daughters (will turn 5 on 11/27) and a 7 year old son. I think they keep me young, but make me feel real old!:grinangel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts