Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Test drove an ER6N and a Versys today and I'm a bit split. I enjoy the height of the ER6N but dislike the appearance and like the looks of the Versys but I'm cautious about its height. I'm coming from an 06 Ninja 250 That I've ridden for the last 10 years and I'm used to flat footing both feet when stopped.

These two bikes seem to have the same feel once your on them except for a bit more leg room on the Versys. My question is, how hard is it to get used to that height and if the wind is blowing, does this bike catch it pretty bad or does the weight offset the area catching the breeze?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome from KCMO!

When riding i notice stiff crosswinds but they don't cause any trouble.

Being "vertically challenged" (5' 7", 29" inseam) I typically have only my left foot down at stops. A sudden wind from left causes a brief feeling that the bike wants to topple to the right, but putting my right foot down stops it. Being fairly light you can tip the Versys fairly far and still right it.

Mostly it just takes getting used to.

Rob in KC

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Hi all,

Test drove an ER6N and a Versys today and I'm a bit split. I enjoy the height of the ER6N but dislike the appearance and like the looks of the Versys but I'm cautious about its height. I'm coming from an 06 Ninja 250 That I've ridden for the last 10 years and I'm used to flat footing both feet when stopped.

These two bikes seem to have the same feel once your on them except for a bit more leg room on the Versys. My question is, how hard is it to get used to that height and if the wind is blowing, does this bike catch it pretty bad or does the weight offset the area catching the breeze?

Thanks guys!
I'm 5'10", 31" inseam, and like you I find the V a bit 'tall'. However, wearing a rear 150/70 tire (bit higher than stock), AND an R1 shock w/ my 'sag' set properly (about 45mm if I remember right), while it's HIGH getting on, as soon as it settles I can 'flat-foot' it. Winds haven't been a problem for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts