Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time member first time poster, after almost 3 years of riding an `09 Versys commuting, touring and just having alot of fun on the bike I thought it was about time to post not just read.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Howdy.:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to this side of the forum... hope you post some more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes we do, and I`ve tried to cover the majority of them but still have`nt gotten them all, so the quest continues...

·
Registered
46 Posts
BamaDan

Hi Middle TN and all. Have had a --new to me-- '08 for about 3 months and love it. But must confess, I've been riding since I was 14 and haven't been on any 2 wheeler yet that I didn't like.
Have been reading the forum for the entire 3 months, almost daily, and have learned much. Finally registered because I have a question: What specifically, should I expect in mpg improvement if I switch from a 46T to a 43 or 44T? Have read that I could go about 25 mph before shifting out of 1st gear and that would be good. But what about specific experience as it relates to improved mpg?? Just about anything on 2 wheels can take most /all cars off the line but what I care about is improved mpg on day/week long rides. Thanks much and I love this site.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome Wornsprocket.

BamaDan - guess you must be celebrating Bama's NCAA BCS National Championships. 21-0 shutout of the Tigers. Back to your question, I would go for 44T, not any lesser so as not to take out the fun factor. It will probably save some gas when you cruise but I haven't made enough observation to say by how much.

I did observed about 1km/L improvement when I switched the air filter to DNA high flow filters, FYI.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes we do, and I`ve tried to cover the majority of them but still have`nt gotten them all, so the quest continues...
Welcome! Good to see more Tennessee folk around here. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts