Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, tying to get my two post minimum so I can participate in the forums. :)

My name is Michelle, I live in the Northern Illinois area. I just purchased my 2009 green Versys from an inmate on another site a couple of weeks ago. Up until last weekend I owned a 2001 Honda ST1100, a 2000 KLR650, and a 1976 Suzuki GT750. I sold the KLR and it went home to its new owner Saturday night. :) (Or unhappy face? It was a fun bike!)

While I liked my combination of bikes I know the ST is getting old (but it's incredibly reliable), and I was looking for something fun that would replace the KLR (and possibly ST.) I'm not an offroader and I don't know anyone who gets into offroading... so it was purely a street bike. It did help me with getting over my fear of gravel with what offroad-type adventures I did.

I've owned the ST for 5 years and have done a lot of camping on it. Last year I did a solo trip around Lake Superior, camping most every night.

My Versys came with Givi hard bags, mototech guards, and an aftermarket windshield. This weekend the farkling begins - I have a fuzeblock to install (my third install, both the KLR and ST had one), a set of Oxford heated grips (necessity for me), USB and powerlet outlet install, etc. Also purchased a Givi rear rack for a top box I already own.

A computer networking consultant as my full time job, I also am a certified RiderCoach for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. I've been teaching for 6 years and am looking forward to riding the Versys in a BRC2 and/or ARC class. :)

Michelle

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the windy city

Hi Michelle
I'm new to the forum and need two posts also. I grew up in Chicago. Learned to ride from a mechanic at the shop I bought my first bike from. He gave me a 15 minute tutorial and said "ok, go have fun on your new motorcycle"! :p

I have a 2009 blue Versys. My riding is now around the dusty streets of Tucson, AZ.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts