Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all!

Glad to be part of the Versys riding community. I hail from Memphis. I'm 35, been riding most of my life but just in the last 3 years got licensed. I got stoked about the Versys when Cycle World and Rider did articles on them in late 07, early 08 (if I remember right) and when Cycle World came back with a 7000 mile long-term update and said they couldn't find anything to complain about, I went out and bought it.

I love it! What a cool ride. This forum rocks too! Lots of good info and cool bikes!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We BBQ everything. Onions, corn, meats, fruits... heck we'd probably BBQ oysters if we could figure out how to keep them from falling through the grates! If it ain't barbecued, its battered and deep-fried and we got plenty of both!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
white26golf - that's awesome! Maybe the Versys will be the new craze here. I mean with two Harley Mega-dealerships in the city and 20,000 Harleys out at Bike Night here, _somebody_ has got to want something different!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just throw the oysters on the grill and let 'em steam (with or without BBQ sauce). When the shell cracks, grab it with a oven mitt, pry it open and slurp with lemon and Tabasco. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, just pining for my youthful days in FL.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woah woah... This is the Memphis, man. Lousiana hot sauce is the _only_ hot sauce. Buffalo Oysters. I should open a restaurant.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woo... if there's one road I don't ride on its Elvis Presley Blvd. Insane. I'd be better off invisible, blind and stopped in the middle of I-240. But he's in every building, usually leaving, so I'll give him a wave for ya!

:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts