Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm a new rider from Melbourne, Australia.

After watching hundreds of video and web reviews on bikes, I finally decided on a 2017 Kawasaki versus 300 for my first bike and I am 100% happy with my decision.

I found a local used bike that was well maintained and come ready stacked with accessories. Crash bars with fog lights, barkbusters, luggage and also came ready with higher gearing.

Absolutely loving the bike!

It has high-ish Kms (17000) but it was very well maintained.

Paid $5,400 with registration. Good deal imo!

I joined this forum as I found a post about the gear indicator failure issue when geared with higher sprockets. As I brought the bike already geared up... it had the same issue, with the engine light also being constantly on.

The guys at the shop mentioned this to me and said there was nothing they could do besides gearing it back to stock.

After a good clean and re-lube of the chain, the issue has miraculously fixed itself! Engine light has gone off and gear indicator now works.

All I did was clean the chain and rear sprocket with brake cleaner and re-lube it .. while rotating the wheel... Perhaps rotating it a few times has recalibrated the gear indicator on the ECU?

Ridden around 200kms since and the issue still has not returned.

I'll share this on the post once I have permission to post.. at the moment I can only post here. Hopefully this can help others in the same situation!

·
Premium Member
7,878 Posts
:welcome:Aboard and enjoy you new ride. Be safe.

Good news, you solved the engine light issue.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS POST YOU STARTED. THANKS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Been out riding and practicing every opportunity that I get. Ridden around 800kms so far and have to say this is a fantastic bike to start learning and getting into riding.

If there are any other learner's (or even more experienced riders) reading this I highly recommend watching fast Eddie (motojitsu) on YouTube and getting out and practicing his techniques.

Has helped me quickly build more confidence on the bike!

·
Super Moderator
19,606 Posts
...If there are any other learner's (or even more experienced riders) reading this I highly recommend watching fast Eddie (motojitsu) on YouTube and getting out and practicing his techniques....
Just so you're aware - this is a different "fasteddie".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh haha thanks for clearing that up. I saw your avatar and was wondering... 🤔😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts