Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Phil here and I have just joined your forum.

I have started riding again on a new 2015 Versys 650 after a seven year hiatus from crotch rockets - superbikes, trackdays etc.

Love the bike, easy to ride and great for the twisties around the back roads to the hills. Nothing to shout about along the highways but it was never built for speed, I know.

Hope to learn and share experiences here when I start touring - all new to me. Been doing a few rides averaging 200 km to 300 km day trips and an occasional 550 km ride to stiffen up the butt!

Spot you guys around the traps eh! Btw, I ain't a young spring chicken no more - unfortunately but at 57 a "gentleman" rider if you'd say so bear with me please.

Cheers...

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
:welcome: Phil, this is a great forum so it's easy to learn a lot. And it's also easy to bear with you. Seventy year old "gentleman" here and still riding like I was, perhaps, 45. Then again, maybe that's just in my dreams. :D

When I had to have a hip replaced last fall, I asked for the "sport touring" model to be installed. Works pretty well too. :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Arion, respect definitely to be doing it all at 70! Ride safe and I shall indeed look into the rest of the forum. Sports touring hip? I shall keep that in mind...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A mate of mine remarked after I told him I bought a Versys 650 - "an old man's bike". Whatever, it puts a smile on me face ear to ear whenever I ride it and that's all that matters.
Look forward to meeting up with you sometime Fastoman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts