Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I bought a new leftover 2012 versys 650 in August and have just under 2000 miles on it. To this point, I am really impressed with the bike. I like the seating position, and I feel the handling is excellent. The bike feels rugged too. I have added handguards, givi crashbars and a powerbronze rear hugger. Awesome to have a bike that has plenty of accessories available. I have been reading on the forum for a while, and I figure I should become a member and not just a snooper. I can not wait for riding season up here to start but looking out at 3+ feet of snow doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hello to another New Englander....love Maine.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from SUNNY Alaska:clap:
Spent quite a few summers in Wells Beach when I was a teen. Ah the good ole' days! Believe it or not I've been riding here in AK for a week or so, hardly any snow....go figure? Grew up in Upstate NY.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum.
Sitting here watching yet another snowstorm in Newfoundland, Canada.
15-30 cm of snow today and 30-40 cm on Wed. GRRRRRRRRRRR
I can't wait to ride my V. I put my ski doo away this past weekend as most of our snow was gone, and we have had a couple of sunny days of a balmy 3 degrees C.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: from Moosehead Lake, Maine (at least from May though October that is). Where in Maine are you located? Probably in the snowy part! :D

·
Super Moderator
19,158 Posts
Welcome from SUNNY Alaska:clap:
Spent quite a few summers in Wells Beach when I was a teen. Ah the good ole' days! Believe it or not I've been riding here in AK for a week or so, hardly any snow....go figure? Grew up in Upstate NY.
I used to go 'spring-bear' hunting in Northern Alberta (north of Peace River, near Keg River which is ALMOST as far north as Jeff is...), in early May, just after the ice was out on the Peace. Temps would be in the mid-70s w/ about 19 - 20 hours of saylight, while back south in Edmonton - cold and some snow, and not nearly as much sun.

:welcome:... and...:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I am in central maine in the st albans area. I am only about 45 minutes south east of moosehead lake, we go up for lunch quite a few times during the summer there. This year it is the snowy part, we have had the jackpot for all the snow storms this year so far in the state. The past few years the winters have been mild as far as snow and temps but this year seems to be an old fashioned winter. Cold for long periods of time and quite a bit of snow. Heading for North Carolina on friday for a break though so hopefully the snow doesn't follow me. Anybody been to the Wheels Through Time museum?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Never heard of it, sounds cool though. Is it in Maine or NC? By the way i've done my fair share of camping fishing and snowmobiling up in the moosehead area. It is sooo nice up there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Moosehead is a nice area for snowmobiling. The Wheels Through Time museum is in NC. The owner actually has a show on velocity channel called "Whats in the Barn." Everything in the museum runs, mostly motorcycles and there are some oldies. I'll take pics when I go there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts