Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just registered after finding this site come up in a Google search for some info I needed on my Versys. Figured that if I'm going to need info on my machine, I should be able to ask other riders of the same bike.

I passed my riders' test just under 3 months ago and this is my first big bike. I tried and failed to do the course last year and was made to feel like I was some kind of idiot and what was I thinking trying to ride a motorcycle?? I had big, burly male instructors rolling their eyes at me and speaking to me in baby tones. It was awful!

Yes, I'm female. I'm going to ask what are probably very stupid questions. And yes, I know nothing more than checking my bike's oil levels and tyre pressure. But I would appreciate it if the big male attitude stays out of sight!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
:welcome: This site has been around for over five years so a quick search probably will at least get you a ballpark answer, and you can always ask.

·
Banned
895 Posts
Hi frosty from a fellow Brit....:welcome:

What a shame your "burly" (maybe fat?;)) 'bike instructors are a set of w*nkers!!!:(

Anyway, you'll find that gender is not a requisite for stupidity, it's a trait that anyone can attain without trying hard at all!!!:eek::confused::p

You have got over the biggest hurdle by being brave enough to "bare" yourself on an unfamiliar website like this one, but unlike your "burly" British male instructors, you will be treated as an equal & given respect on here.:thumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
welcome and remember .... there are no stupid questions.
+1. I have been faithfully reading and at times, contributing to threads since I got my Versys last year. Great group of guys/girls here and everyone has information to share. Not too many eye-rollers here!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
...But I would appreciate it if the big male attitude stays out of sight!...:cheers:
I don't think you'll find much of that on this GREAT forum...!

:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I ride with a group out here in California and we have quite a few female riders that ride harleys up to gold wings. They are a valuable part of our group. (Plus they always smell nice) :D:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome,,,, I have been member for just over a month now, and have found that this forum has plenty of valuable information....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Here you're just one of the guys... Welcome mate!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: If there are any blokes in this forum with an attitude like your tester they keep well out of sight. Most everyone is quite civilized and very helpful. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Hi frosty from a fellow Brit....:welcome:

What a shame your "burly" (maybe fat?;)) 'bike instructors are a set of w*nkers!!!:(

Anyway, you'll find that gender is not a requisite for stupidity, it's a trait that anyone can attain without trying hard at all!!!:eek::confused::p

You have got over the biggest hurdle by being brave enough to "bare" yourself on an unfamiliar website like this one, but unlike your "burly" British male instructors, you will be treated as an equal & given respect on here.:thumb:
+10 & :welcome: You are equal here.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Although I would not call the Versys a boring bike, let's face it, most of it's riders kinda are....

No one has won a GP race or performed gravity defying stunts on a one
No Hollywood celebrity has ever been photographed by the paparazzi on one
Cruiser riders show their rebellious nature by adorning their bikes with pictures of skulls, flames and installing outrageously high and uncomfortable handle bars, Versys riders do it by wearing socks with their sandals
Versys tattoos have never been popular
There has never been a police chase of a Versys posted on youtube
Unlike Harley Davidson, the Versys has never received endorsements from groups like the Hells Angels, Banditos, Satans Choice or the Republican Party
Versys riders rarely accessorize their boring riding attire with stylish leather fringed, chrome or skull/flame emblazoned fashion accessories
The Versys has no real social caché - unless affixed with BMW or Harley tank decals
Perhaps it is because the Versys is not particularly shiny

What ever the reasons you will find most Versys riders are dull, boring, middle of the road, reasonably politically correct folk who simply like to ride motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Although I would not call the Versys a boring bike, let's face it, most of it's riders kinda are....

Cruiser riders show their rebellious nature by adorning their bikes with pictures of skulls, flames and installing outrageously high and uncomfortable handle bars, Versys riders do it by wearing socks with their sandals
Unlike Harley Davidson, the Versys has never received endorsements from groups like the Hells Angels, Banditos, Satans Choice or the Republican Party
Versys riders rarely accessorize their boring riding attire with stylish leather fringed, chrome or skull/flame emblazoned fashion accessories
The Versys has no real social caché - unless affixed with BMW or Harley tank decals

What ever the reasons you will find most Versys riders are dull, boring, middle of the road, reasonably politically correct folk who simply like to ride motorcycles.
100% right and I am proud of it....:D:D:D:D
:thanx:

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOL

That is totally true and made me laugh. Thank you for that!!! I of course do not do the socks with sandals thing......

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
...What ever the reasons you will find most Versys riders are dull, boring, middle of the road, reasonably politically correct folk who simply like to ride motorcycles.
Politically-correct my A$$!

;)

:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts