Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all.

Thanks to ddouble for giving me the link here.

I life in Henderson, NV actually. It's a city to Las Vegas' South and South East. Kind-of like Vegas but more laid back.

I have been riding a Rebel since last October. Took my BRC and got my license on the last day of 2007. I have about 5800 miles on the Reb so far and love it for commuting. It's hard to beat 80 MPG.

Last month I started looking around for a little something more. Something that could take me on the desert roads yet let me be comfortable cruising at 75 on the highways while still having great gas mileage and not be an overly expensive buy.

I looked at the Honda 919. It felt good but was more of a naked sports bike with a more upright seating position. Plus, the engine was a bit too large for me and a little too expensive.

That brought me to the V-Strom 650 and SV650. Both very nice bikes. The V-Strom seemed big and a little heavier than I liked. Since I am only 5' 6" and 180 lbs, I just didn't fit it. The SV was my top choice until a sales person asked me to sit on a VerSys.

Yes, it's a little too tall, but the whole thing just fits. Plus, there are several ways to lower it just a bit; and that's all I need.

So, now, I am on a waiting list at one dealer and another dealer seems to be going nuts to sell me one, even though they had sold two in the previous week.

So, if luck & my credit hold, I will be riding a VerSys by the end of June!

-Ken

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome to the site. You will love the Versys for riding in your area.
If you want to lower it once you have it check out the lowering kit made by Speedy, one of the members on this site!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vegas Rider here

I picked up my Versys about 10 days ago and love it. Perfect for riding around the strip. Still new to the area. Haven't been on any trips over 10 miles yet. lol. If you want to get in an early morning ride, I'd love to find some nice roads around here. Drop me a line.

Chris
Honda Shadow 700
Honda Shadow 1100
Honda 03 Goldwing 1800

·
Registered
716 Posts
:welcome: You'll love the bike, i've always wanted to ride up Mt Charleston. That would be my first trip on the Versys!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts