Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just a quick intro. Im Glenn from Windermere Park in NSW.
Looking at adventure bike as first bike in 30 years. Owned a CB250Rs a long time ago.

Havent been riding in about 30 years, but keen to get back into it.

Was considering a KLR650 but now looking at either a Versys 300 or 650.

Cheers

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey Glenn, the Versys are great bikes! Depending on what type of riding you plan to do may help you decide between the 300 and 650. I'd also suggest taking a motorcycle safety course to get the 30-year cobwebs out!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome from Moosehead Lake, Maine, USA. Which machine you select depends, in my opinion, how old you are, what the length of your inseam is, whether you feel comfortable balancing on the balls of your feel or whether you would prefer to flat-foot, and how much weight you feel you can pick up safely if, or rather when, you bike topples over while riding alone. Oh, and how much you're willing to spend too. Whichever you select you'll be getting a very good all round performer and typical Kawasaki build quality and reliability.

My opinions are colored by the fact that I'm 73, have an artificial hip, and a very short inseam. Your mileage may vary. My Versys 650 is as tall and as heavy as I feel comfortable with these days. So far so good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts