Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,436 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Bought my FIRST V650 in '08 after it was awarded Motorcycle Of The Year by Motorcyclist Magazine (it now has 85 THOUSAND + miles), and since then TWO more for Canada, for about 135K kms (84K miles) total.

BEST handling m'cycle I've ever ridden.

:clap:

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,849 Posts
:welcome:aboard and trust you will find a ride for your self.

I pulled the trigger on a 09 and have got 60k km on it and no looking back at all.

Please post you second post in this thread you started-Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting a Versys-X 300 to replace a CRF250L. I'd like something light and nimble that will work better than the CRF250L for occasional 2-up riding with my lovely wife. I don't ride a lot of trails - more of a mix of paved roads, and poorly-maintained gravel and dirt roads. So I'm lurking about the forums reading and learning. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
7,849 Posts
I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting a Versys-X 300 to replace a CRF250L. I'd like something light and nimble that will work better than the CRF250L for occasional 2-up riding with my lovely wife. I don't ride a lot of trails - more of a mix of paved roads, and poorly-maintained gravel and dirt roads. So I'm lurking about the forums reading and learning. Thanks for the welcome!
:thumb::goodluck:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
f

You need to get a test ride. I wanted to really like the Versys x300 but for me it felt like I was riding on top of the bike instead of closer to the CG and it felt like I was riding a Ninja 300 that happened to "look" like an adventure bike. Unless you and your wife are lightweight less than 250 lbs combined, you might want to look at the Versys 650 for two up riding. If the seat height is too high, look at the Ninja 650 or Z650.

Test rides are necessary.

I know this is a Versys forum, but take a look at the Royal Enfield Himalayan if you are the type that can perform your own maintenance. It is easy, but more frequent than the Kawasaki so could add up at a dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I rode a Versys-X 300 a week or so ago. It felt like a good fit for me. Rode my wife around the parking lot on it. She said she is good with it. If the test ride goes well on a 2017 Versys-X 300 ABS this afternoon, I'm planning on pulling the trigger and making the purchase. Wish me luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts