Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new Versys owner and am new to street motorcycling. My other ride is a 74 Suzuki TS400, which I've only ridden off road.

I have all of 26 miles on the bike. Need more, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the street, MB!

Back in the Dark Ages, just after the internal combustion engine was invented, I learned to ride in the dirt on a stripped down Hodaka 100cc trailie. Nostalgia sometimes tries to seduce me into buying and trying to restore one of them that's still out there on Ebay so that I could recapture that old magic . . . but then I remind myself that I'm now about 7" taller and 85 pounds heavier than I was when I owned that snarly little monster! :rolleyes:

Moving to the Versys as your first streetbike seems like a great idea, since it is tall, has great suspension travel, quick steering, etc. However, please be careful out there on the streets as you learn to maneuver around car drivers who are simultaneously steering, eating, talking on a cell phone and checking their dash-mounted GPS for directions!!! I had some breathtaking moments offroad in the mountains of Colorado where I used to bomb along the firetrails, game tracks, etc. - but nothing there was as heartstopping as a simple commute through today's asphalt rivers full of distracted drivers.

Let us know how you're doing and where you're riding. Again, welcome!

Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts