Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my 2008 Versys for two weeks now. What a great machine! I have owned all brands of motor cycles since 1978 and this is the most fun and responsive little bike I have owned since my 1984 Honda vt500 Ascott ! Have added a few farkles but most of my stuff is on back order!! 480 miles so far and loving it more everytime I ride it. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I think it's really interesting how many of us have written about our KLE650s being, as you put it, "the most fun and responsive bike I have owned since" (fill in the blank). For me, I have to go all the way back to the 1960s and the very first bike I ever owned (a Hodaka 100 motocrosser) to find one that consistently produced nonstop grins every time I rode it - just as my Versys does.

Although having lots of stuff on back order is kind of a bummer, it also means that you get to have "surprise gifts" arriving on an ongoing basis. I'm currently at the point where my "wish list" significantly exceeds my budget, so my remaining farkles are on "unordered" status. Again, that gives me something to look forward to. As you can tell, I'm a "the-glass-is-half-full" sort of person!

I seem to remember that there are other folks from Indiana on our forum, so maybe you'll be able to get connected with them for some Hoosier cruises. Keep us posted about your Versys and your rides.

Happy Riding,
Kevin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome aboard from Canada!

But a question to someone posting from Indiana... what is a Hoosier? I've heard the word now and then -- usually related to sports -- but I don't know anything more . . .

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome aboard from Canada!

But a question to someone posting from Indiana... what is a Hoosier? I've heard the word now and then -- usually related to sports -- but I don't know anything more . . .
Go rent the movie "Hoosiers" with Gene Hackman and all will be explained...

Ask me how I know this from Oregon? Went to college in Wisconsin. Guilty by proximity...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll check out the movie... but I won't go looking for it until the the snow flies up here in November... I'd rather be out riding now that the warm weather has finally arrived in the south side of the Great White North...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Boiler97, I also went to school at Purdue. I live in the north central part of the state. Work in Warsaw and live about 26 miles south of there. And yes the curves are very few in this part of thr state. On my 650 Hawk the last two sets of rear tires the middle squares off. I do get to the southern part of the state to do some real riding. And for all of our members here who have never been to this area, Wow! have you missed out. The first time you get to southern Indiana you swear you have died and gone to motorcycle heaven.
The whole southern third of this state is one mass of tight, twisty, rolling roads through some of the most senic roads you have ever seen. Ciome on out and give us a visit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts