Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2015 Versys 650 LT and really enjoy the ride when I can get out what with this crazy weather. I plan to ride every back road here in East TN and Western NC this summer.

I do need to add a couple of accessories like lower pegs, I am almost 6'4 and that was a big factor in this purchase. I will also need to figure out how to power a GPS unit.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum and I sure hope the weather breaks soon so I can get the green monster out and get her broke in.

Jim
Sevierville, TN

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
:welcome: I was a neighbor of yours some years back. I went to grad school at UT Knoxville. Go Vols!

Out of curiosity what was your out the door price if you don't mind telling. A forum member in California was quoted $10445 OTD for a 2015 650 LT and that seems a bit high. Adding MSRP plus Cal. tax, title and registration and then subtracting that total from the $10445 quote still leaves $822 for the dealer in assorted fees and that seems rather steep.

·
Super Moderator
19,571 Posts
...I will also need to figure out how to power a GPS unit....
:welcome:...Jim. I power my GPS from the wire to the DRL - power ON w/ key, OFF when key OFF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you explain DRL? I see in the manual that there are some aux power points but I dont understand DRL.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,571 Posts
Can you explain DRL? I see in the manual that there are some aux power points but I dont understand DRL.

Thanks
Daytime Running Lights.

The little extra light(s) near the headlight that come ON as soon as the key is turned ON....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I see in the manual that there are some spares for fog lights and others that would be usable. Thanks for the input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts