Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im Carlo and am buying my first bike this week. On friday I will be picking up a 2011 Versys with about 4k miles on it. It was hard choosing a dual purpose that really suited my personality (Honda NC700X, Yamaha Tenere, Ducati Hypermotard 796 :D) but the more I looked at this bike the more I wanted it. First mods will be crash bars along with wind guards for my hands. Really excited!!

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome Carlo... You're gonna love the Versys. I was down your way last weekend... I took Hwy 27 all the way to Homestead and then down U.S. 1 to the Keys. Too bad Florida doesn't have more twisties to work with... but even in a straight line, you'll find the V pretty exciting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Im actually looking forward to taking it to clermont. Theres a very interesting amount of hills with some curvy spots. If you ever come back down check "Hartwood Marsh" right off 27. It spits you out on the 429 but the 12miles of road are very nice. Ive done the trip several times in a car, after I get used to the bike i'll definitely go at it again.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Welcome from another Florida rider.
"Hartwood Marsh" sounds like it is worth a visit. That is a new piece of road for me. I've been up and around that area a bunch but I don't know that one. I live near Brooksville and the roads around there are great for riding. Curves, hills, farms and ranches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome.Have you been up to the highest spot in central Fla yet?It's a nice ride up there-"up" is a relative term in Florida.Just take 50 west and turn right on 455........Montverde.Easy ride and nice views.

Thanks guys!

Im actually looking forward to taking it to clermont. Theres a very interesting amount of hills with some curvy spots. If you ever come back down check "Hartwood Marsh" right off 27. It spits you out on the 429 but the 12miles of road are very nice. Ive done the trip several times in a car, after I get used to the bike i'll definitely go at it again.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome.Have you been up to the highest spot in central Fla yet?It's a nice ride up there-"up" is a relative term in Florida.Just take 50 west and turn right on 455........Montverde.Easy ride and nice views.
Sugarloaf Mountain
312ft
Lake Wales Ridge
Lake County
28°38′58″N 81°43′59″W

1 - 11 of 11 Posts