Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! Been wandering around the site for a few weeks and looks like a great place with great people.

Little bit about me. Been riding since 1994, mostly street but a little dirt here & there. Took a break around 2008 since I simply didn't have the time to ride. Got the bug again earlier this year and started to look for a new ride. Fell into a bit of the hype around the new V-Strom 1000 and without much thought bought one. Probably one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had on two wheels (bike didn't live up to expectations, every encounter with the dealer was a complete cluster f). Got rid of the beaked monstrosity and ended up getting a 2014 Versys 1000. Honestly, have no idea how I missed this bike in the first go-round of looking at different models but absolutely love it!

Have been busy with work this past week so not a lot of time on the bike but will be spending the weekend installing all my mods (one of the biggest changes from when I last rode was the selection of mods available, holy crap there is some cool stuff out there now!).

Anyways..looking forward to meeting the other members and contributing when I can.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank y'all!

looking forward to getting back home so I can ride

p.s. cool to see a couple other Albertans with such good taste in bikes :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
:welcome:

from an OLD Albertan!

This picture (April '11) is WHY I no longer live in AB - got back from AZ two days BEFORE I took this pic, then I moved to Kelowna at the end of May, SAME year!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fast eddie that snow is just depressing (and I say that as someone who spends as much time on skis as possible)

on a different note, you have excellent taste in the color of your ride :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
fast eddie that snow is just depressing (and I say that as someone who spends as much time on skis as possible)

on a different note, you have excellent taste in the color of your ride :)
I had to 'swallow-hard' to move to Commie BC..., but NOW that AB has gone COMMIE....
:goodluck:
Here's a pic of the GREEN HORNET shortly after I got it into my AZ garage (along w/ BIG RED...) in Nov '10.

and a KLR650 I picked up for a buddy around the same time....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts