Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I live on the Central Coast of CA and am fairly new to riding street. I've ridden dirt bikes plenty but I was mostly a mountain biker.
I went to the Long Beach Moto show a few months ago and have been looking for a bike to speak to me, to take the plunge into street riding again.I saw the Versys for 2016 and was like, yep, there is my new bike.

Found an epic deal on a 2015 from Epic Motorsports in Santa Barbara (they treated me awesome) on a Friday in the beginning of December. I took the train down and rode her home and then some. 500 miles on her inaugural journey with me. Santa Barbara to San Simeon to San Luis Obispo, had to stop at Ruddell's Smoked Fish tacos for lunch. Such a good day.

Just wanted to say hey, introduce myself and look forward to learning a lot from everyone. I just completed my camping set up for moto camping and I really looking forward to that. I see some amazing adventures on this bike in my future and I could not be more excited. She will for sure be seeing some dirt the best she can handle.

Nice to meet you.
-Adrienne:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
I have a 07 and kicking around buying a 2015 ABS, price is awesome, it is the cost and time involved to farkle it back up to were my 07 is.

Lots of help full info on this forum

:welcome::goodidea:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Welcome aboard. Certainly does look great in white, well done.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome Adrienne, congratulations on the new bike, nice looking. Hey I want some smoked fish tacos, I'm all about anything Mexican.
Just put a pot of pintos in the crack pot with some smoked sausage, bacon, ham, jalapeno, bell peppers, onion. I might get fat,
I'm going down to Joe's house to spend the night after I get thru eating.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the warm welcome. I've pretty much made my coastal rides, the "Taco Ride" some of my motivation to ride is to consume these tacos, I am not worried about getting too fat as the journey to that is worth it. ;-)
Anyone live near SLO?

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Anyone live near SLO?
WTF is SLO?????

I know you're in mid Cally, & l have some Brit mates in LA if you ever feel like "slumming" it!!!:wink2:

I'm nowhere near anyone here in S Mizzoo, but, while l'm on here:

"If anyone feels like a 3/4 day ride around north Mexico the 1st week of April, l'm considering going down there......everyone welcome!"

PS, sorry for hijacking your thread DirtGirl.....:wink2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem on the "hijack" Good to know about it. Work will impede a trip like that for now for me. I am not too worried about too many tacos and getting fat, the journey is worth it.

SLO= San Luis Obispo, California.

Apparently we are " one of the happiest " places to live. I think either Oprah said that or our tourism industry... :-/
Otherwise, I would pretty much agree. Great microclimates, beach, mountains, dunes, coastlines, redwoods. Good stuff, good riding.

·
Registered
377 Posts
WTF is SLO?????

I know you're in mid Cally, & l have some Brit mates in LA if you ever feel like "slumming" it!!!:wink2:

I'm nowhere near anyone here in S Mizzoo, but, while l'm on here:

"If anyone feels like a 3/4 day ride around north Mexico the 1st week of April, l'm considering going down there......everyone welcome!"

PS, sorry for hijacking your thread DirtGirl.....:wink2:
You ain't the only one here in the Midwest not close to anyone..
I would love a Cali ride but dannnnng that's a several day journey.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
You ain't the only one here in the Midwest not close to anyone..
I would love a Cali ride but dannnnng that's a several day journey.
As l said further up Slogirls thread, l'm planning on a trip to Mexico, which is the same distance & you're welcome to tag along!!

Sorry again Slogrill

·
Registered
261 Posts
SLO = San Louis Obispo. Great little college town! Perfect Central Cali weather. More onramps/offramps in a 5 mile stretch of hwy 101 then anywhere else in the state.

·
Super Moderator
19,403 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts