Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Anton (aka Mad Ant) sending out his very own greetings from Liège, Belgium! (Isn't it a sign of insanity to refer to yourself in the third person?)

Anyway, bought my very own Versys a little over 2 months ago (2009 Burnt Orange in colour). It's my first bike. In fact, it's my learner's bike, since I have only passed the theoretical part of my license, and will be passing my practical in about 10 days time.
I really enjoy the bike, find it's fun to ride and easy to handle, and take it out on every occasion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Anton,

Congrats on the license and the bike, it's a great bike and you're gonna have a blast with it.

I'll be driving my V to Brussels around the 21st of August, maybe we can grab a beer there.

Welcome!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome Anton...Dig the burnt orange...Good luck on your test and good ridin

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome to the clan. Should be a lot easier for you to dodge all the bicyclists on your new V!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new V! I have a '08 red V and it is my first bike as well. I really enjoy riding it every chance I get, so far I have put on about 2000 safe miles. I know you will enjoy yours and please ride safe!

·
Registered
199 Posts
being your first go round with a bike...make sure your feet can reach the groung easily. welcome aboard!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome Anton.

Interesting, I also know another guy called Mad Anton (but in Slovene).
He used to own an old (but really beautiful) Alfa Romeo with rear-wheel drive and occasionally crash into other people's cars.

Hope you drive safe, though.:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the greetings :D
@Bicyclebob: yes, it's easier than in a car. Darn those slow 2-wheelers :p
@BabaVersys: every occasion possible, yes. I have about 1200 miles on it so far, and am looking forward to clement weather to put more on during the summer :)
@Jimmyjam: I'm about 6'1" tall, so the Versys, despite being tall, isn't a problem. Quite the contrary, I was looking for a bike I wouldn't be cramped on, and the Versys fits the bit beautifully.
@dlicen: darn, I'm not unique ;) I'll try not to crash into other peoples cars, no promises though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I passed my motorbike license :) I was very stressed out and anxious, but I managed to pull through :)
@QSpec: unfortunately, I'll have to take a rain check on that. Maybe next time :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
WOO HOO!!!! Wear your gear and ride the tires off that thing!

Cheers,
Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts