Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum yesterday and am new to all this so please go easy on me. I bought a red 2008 Versys back in Oct 07. I think it's the only one they sold in Jacksonville. I have learned a lot from lurking around the forum. I put a Two Bros carbon fiber exhaust on and love it. Got sliders from Powerbronze but now am thinking about crash bars. Lowered my foot pegs 5cm because I'm 6'5".
I am planning on getting the Ermax tail tidy and rear hugger. Does anyone know if there's enuff room under the hugger for a taller tire? I have a 160/70 RZ17.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
looks like you've got a handle on farkling! I don't know the answer to your hugger question, but what the hell, welcome to the board anyway!!!

:welcome::D:clap:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome!

So you're the one who bought the Versys in Jacksonville? Sargent Seats was looking to use that bike as a template to design a new Versys seat before it sold.

Check this out:
http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=428&highlight=sargent

I don't suppose you might be willing to do a great service to this forum and all Versys riders by contacting Sargent, would you? I know they'll give you an awesome price on the seat if you're interested, but if not it would still allow the rest of use to eventually get our hands on an awesome aftermarket seat for the V - and you'd be out bestest friend forever. :D :thumb:

Hope your willing, and again, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm new to the forum myself. Just bought my KLE650A 2 weeks ago. Live in the Florida's space coast, but work in Tampa. Commute on the bike back and forth twice a week - racking up about 600 miles per week. That's about 30K per year. Did the same on my previous bike (Sportster). After 150K, I needed something more reliable and fun. Having the time of my life with the Versys.

Because I commute twice a week, I'm looking at Tour Master tail and saddle bags for sport model bikes. Do you have any experience using any type bags?

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

So you're the one who bought the Versys in Jacksonville? Sargent Seats was looking to use that bike as a template to design a new Versys seat before it sold.

Check this out:
http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=428&highlight=sargent

I don't suppose you might be willing to do a great service to this forum and all Versys riders by contacting Sargent, would you? I know they'll give you an awesome price on the seat if you're interested, but if not it would still allow the rest of use to eventually get our hands on an awesome aftermarket seat for the V - and you'd be out bestest friend forever. :D :thumb:

Hope your willing, and again, welcome to the forum!
Too weird! I used to work next door to Sargents. I even bought some foam from them to soundproof my jam room. I'll go talk too them on Monday but I'm not making any promises. I need a taller seat that doesn't tend to slide you forward when braking so this could be a good thing.:thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard! I'm new to the forum myself. Just bought my KLE650A 2 weeks ago. Live in the Florida's space coast, but work in Tampa. Commute on the bike back and forth twice a week - racking up about 600 miles per week. That's about 30K per year. Did the same on my previous bike (Sportster). After 150K, I needed something more reliable and fun. Having the time of my life with the Versys.

Because I commute twice a week, I'm looking at Tour Master tail and saddle bags for sport model bikes. Do you have any experience using any type bags?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Don't know about Tour Master but there are saddle bags by Givi for the Versys and OEM saddle bags on Ebay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Too weird! I used to work next door to Sargents. I even bought some foam from them to soundproof my jam room. I'll go talk too them on Monday but I'm not making any promises. I need a taller seat that doesn't tend to slide you forward when braking so this could be a good thing.:thumb:
Greatly appreciate the effort. Thanks a million! :thumb:

Hope you'll keep us all in the loop. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts