Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just purchased a 2009 Versys (green, originally wanted blue, but when i saw it in green, that was the one) on Saturday, they delivered it on Monday. They forgot the tags, got them in last night, they also forgot the hardware, so went to WalMart. Rode it last night (kinda cold), and loved it, got used to the gears and the throttle (I'm not used to changing gears I ride a Zuma most of the time).
I was determined to take it this morning to work so I could ride around afterwards. Couldn't find a bag to put my lunch in and thought I should just take my scooter instead (should've seen that as an omen) but again "was determined" to take it. Anyway, emptied my little fishing bag (which obviously smells a little like fish) sprayed it with febreze and got ready to go. Garage door wouldn't close behind me so I spent 20 seconds clicking until it finally closed (I guess another omen telling me to put the bike back). Took it down the road, everything was going fine until my shield started fogging up like crazy, I started to slow to a stop, I stalled (bike shook) it fell, (my left leg wasn't ready for the weight, heavy mofo isn't it?) I fell. Landed on my foot (thank god) because the only damage was to the clutch (a third or fourth of it broke off). At least it was 6AM, and I decided "F**k it! I'm taking the day off" and here I am.
The only thing bruised really, is my ego :(
But thank the gods the bike is more or less Ok.
Crashbars here I come

·
Registered
154 Posts
Niknar, I would strongly recommend you take a MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) training course soon before you damage more than your ego.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Niknar, I would strongly recommend you take a MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) training course soon before you damage more than your ego.
... yes, that and flip up your visor when it begins to fog up.... Glad it wasn't serious...

·
Registered
14 Posts

Agreed. Don't assume that you can be safe just because you've done a lot of scooter riding. A lot of those skills carry over to motorcycles, but you still need to learn proper shifting/clutching/braking techniques. The MSF will teach you all about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already took the msf course and the beginners course, but thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts