Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I really like this forum and want access to the service manuals and whatnot!

Longer Version:

I hail from the Boise area of Idaho and picked up a 2016 Versys 650 LT off craigslist about a month ago. Screamin' deal! Had my eye on craigslist for 6 months until it finally popped up. Jumped through a lot of hoops to get it, but I regret nothing. Anyway I have been lurking on this forum ever since gathering useful information like rear spool size (8mm!), best motorcycle stand (Pitbull forward handle!) and various other useful tweaks. This forum has been a really great source of information.

I am still relatively new to riding street bikes. I bought a 1981 Honda CM400C three years ago on the cheap as my learner bike and it turned into my daily rider. It still runs great but I decided it was time put on my big-boy pants and get a bigger bike. I took a long time to decided on the Versys but ultimately I want something that would accommodate my 6' 3" frame. Adjusting to a modern bike was a bit of a learning curve (instant acceleration AND braking!) but the Versys has proven to be a blast and very comfortable. I hope to put a ton of miles on it. Next steps are to get rid of that buzzing sound (plenty o' threads on that) and raise the handle bars up a bit.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Great Bike

Welcome from Alaska! I too am 6'3" and have risers on my bars (ROX and Motowerks) as well as a tall (Seat Concepts) seat and peg lowering kit. I've been on 2K mile trips with no fatigue issues. I've done a TON of other mods but those helped most for riding comfort. You will love it!! Just hide your credit cards...:surprise:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome.........Rox 3 1/2" risers are about as high as you can go without changing out wiring and cables. With the 3 1/2" (which I have) all you have to do is move the clutch cable around behind the triple tree and pull a bit of slack on the front brake line. Works well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had my eye on the Motowerk 1.5" risers. Probably will pick them up next check. The previous owner of my bike had already upgraded the seat and put lowering peg blocks on it, so at least those were gimmes. I'm also thinking about mirror extenders but will ride on that idea for a while. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, Texas, where it's cold and raining today but is supposed to be 75 and sunny tomorrow. Weird weather!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear you Arion. I try to be a 3 1/2 season rider, but the freezing rain we are getting is a little much. Come March and April I can handle the wet though. I agree Skypilot 69, highway 21 up through Idaho City on to Stanley is beautiful piece of scenery. Now that I have a big-boy bike I fully intend to hit that this summer.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Yeah I had my eye on the Motowerk 1.5" risers....
At your height they MAY be the wrong ones, as they raise the bars while moving them TOWARDS you. I use 2" ROX RISERS to raise them STRAIGHT up (I'm 5'10" w/ 31" inseam).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts