Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I just purchased a new blue 2009 Versys on May 22. I traded my 3 month old Yamaha TMax maxi- scoooter for it. Took a little loss, but not too bad. I previously owned a Suzuki Burgman 650. I liked the maxi-scooters, but I must admit that they are too easy to operate, and boredom sets in rather quickly for me when I'm on one. This is my first motorcycle I have driven in 22 years. I must say that I absolutely love it. The hardest part is the break-in period. Its killing me. It also took a little while to get used to the left handle being the clutch and not the rear brake, but It all came back to me pretty quick. I have ordered the factory service manual from Kawasaki as well as front and rear paddock stands with rear swing arm sliders from T-Rex. I have put about 230 miles on it since friday afternoon. I am dying to get to the 1000 mile break-in point so I can really enjoy it. I look forward to reading all the good information on this site and hope to contribute also.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Welcome and :thumb: for doing a proper break-in. You'll gets lots of different views on running it in or not, but I'm with you. So far I have 17k flawless miles on my V and its a keeper.

Machog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts