Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member here, just found this site and thought I would join. I just recently saw a Versys and really liked the looks. I currently have a 1982 kz650 that I just got ready for the riding season and I am planning on trying to sell it to get the down payment for a V, I also have a Sportster that is pieces that I have to put back together. Anyways, Just thought I would say Hi.

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
how ya doin, mtnhink79,i bought a2013 versys about 7 weeks ago done 792km already.its great an i'm pretty new to motorcycles, at 51 i feel like 15 again,good luck an safe happy roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome

I have only owned my Versys for a couple of weeks and am already loving it. I previously owned a BMW F650 which was pretty similar to the Versys. You will love the bike if you make the switch from your current bike and if you are patient you can pick up a used one via craigslist for a very reasonable price. I used a broad craigslist search engine titled search tempest which allows you to search a wider area and was able to pick mine up for 3500 and a tank of gas for the round trip. Good luck with you future purchase.

Kevin :welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at a 2013 Versys

I went to the dealer the other day to look at what they had it stock. They had a white V, I really didn't care for it, the white color, a shop down the road has a dark red one it has 1800 miles on it but they want $6900.00. I can get a new one for $7699.00 at the dealership, also the rear tire has about 25% tread left on it from looking at the new one at the dealers. I think someone was doing burnouts with it before they sold it or someone at the shop they are selling it was. I am really looking hard at the V strom. The dealer didn't have any in stock but he said it would be about 2 weeks for the next shipment comes in, he said he would call when they arrived.I don't like some things on the V strom, no skid plate with the oil filter and motor hanging out in the breeze, and the 3 spoked rims just looks like a bad Idea.But the 0% financing is a pretty good deal and it has pretty good reviews. I have 2 weeks to make up my mind. Anyways just some of my ideals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts