Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this on the the front of their V?

I really wish tire manufacturers would step up to the plate on the 17" front DS.:sleeping:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Look at using a MT60.
Putting a rear dualsport tire on the front just seems really counterproductive to me.

Traction is not the issue with these bikes for off-pavement. Very quickly you find it's the suspension.

A road tire works well enough if you air it down to 20-22lbs. That's why the scorp trails work out so well because they are stellar on road too.

One of the owners from the Phoenix area put one of those on and rode his bike up a mountain and trashed the crap out of it. The bike isn't designed for it.

The K60 works pretty good on the back of a dualsport or big adventure bike. It's heavy and stiff, and huge on the front of a versys.

EDIT: On the TKC's...they are just marginal on road on a GS or other adventure bike. Not even that good offroad. For the most part I think most would hate it on their versys. Don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Look at using a MT60.
Traction is not the issue with these bikes for off-pavement. Very quickly you find it's the suspension.
+1

As a rule of thumb, if a dirt road or path is too rough for a car, you won't be having much fun getting the Versys down the same road no matter what tires you have. IMO the Pirelli Scorpion Trails are a better match to the design intent of the bike. Despite being very capable on pavement the Versys is not a capable dirt bike, it's just too big, heavy, stiff and fragile.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did put the 150/70 on the rear last week in Colorado.

I went up La Plata canyon outside Durango with my BT 023's, they did OK.
Later in the week my rear was toast so I found a Scout K60 for the rear in Frisco. This tire is great on the road, I think it is as smooth rolling as the 023's.

I went over Hagerman pass, outside of Leadville, the following day....What a great ride!

I thought I might try this big wanker on the front, it rolls so smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts