Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2008 Versys with 4196 miles on it this week. I bought it becuase I'm hoping to shiip it over to Europe next year for a two month ride and then leaving it there so I can go back every few years and take other epic rides.

I've basically have a year to get ready and hope to use this thread to document the changes and mods to the bike over that time. Here are a couple of iPhone pics of the bike in the garage after registering it at the DMV. So far the only thing I've done are install the Aprillia Tuono mirrors and some Vortex swingarm spools.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Removed some of the extraneous plastics and took its first decent ride. The ride is so much better without the windscreen. Really pleased with the bike overall but the seat sucks and is much too low.

Cheap $20 steel handlbars since the originals were bent from a garage tip over by the previous owner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

I have nothing bad to say about the stock seat, really. Works for me. But I've heard a LOT of people are happy with the Seat Concepts kit. Might give you the comfort and extra height that you're looking for...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few updates to the bike.

Two Brothers vs Stock exhaust.

Mmmmm Sexy. I bought the extra quite tip to tone it down a bit. Still pretty loud though. At least it doesn't sound like a ricer with a fart can running on two cylinders though.

Denuded and with a new Seat Concepts seat. The Seat is worlds better than stock but not great. The stock seat would slide you forward into the tank and the SC seat slides you backwards but it's stall a hell of a lot more comfortable.

The next step is going to be relocating the coolant overflow bottle. Then I can start working on the headlight and tank. I was originally going to go with a different headlight but I think if I mount this one to the forks with a small windscreen it would look pretty cool.

For the header fetishists. We know you're out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts