Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A very generous inmate on ADVrider was kind enough to give me a pair of like new Gerbings heated pants. ( union Ridge). These aren't liners they are meant to be worn over your regular pants...

My dilemma is should I get a regular heated jacket or liner? I normally wear a roadcrafter suit and I'm pretty sure they won't fit under that but I haven't tried yet....maybe if I wasn't wear regular pants underneath?

Should I just buy a heated jacket or get a liner??

Anyone use the heated pants as opposed to the liners??
Thoughts??

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
If you already have a Roadcrafter you already have the best shell for a heated liner IMO. The heated liners are not that thick so do not add bulk. Get your liner to fit as tight as possible though over just a shirt for efficient heat transfer to the skin. If it is a bit loose it will not work as well.

I have a Gerbings Microwire heated liner and their T5 heated gloves which I love in the colder weather. I wear the liner under a 3/4 length adv. tour style jacket. I ride down to 32F and never seem to get cold legs with only insulated motorcycle pants. IMO you don't really need to heat your legs to stay warm - if your core is warm it will keep your extremities warm.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
FWIW - I have the "Tourmaster" heated jacket liner, and 'chaps' type pants liners. LOVE the jacket liner, but I've ONLY used the pants liners ONCE. WAY too hot for me.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I too use a heated jacket liner (and gloves, both Gerbing’s) and they keep me toasty warm down into the low 20’s. It seems that if you keep your core warm, your blood/circulation will keep your legs (and feet) warm too.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Once it gets into the 20s if I am going to be traveling at highway speeds the heated boot soles get added to the heated gloves. Keeping my hands and feet warm are the key. I find it much easier to keep my body warm with good gear and a thin base layer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts