Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got that last piece of electrically heated gear..the pants...Usually I put on 3-4 layers of long underwear to keep the legs warm..while this isn't much of a problem..they do get bulky...I got myself a pair of Warm n Safe pant liners today and boy..just like all of my other heated gear..what a joy...It was like having the warm sun basking on your legs and knees...I'll be replacing my Gordon's jacket liner with a Warm n Safe jacket liner as soon as I can afford it..because I like the WnS gear a lot better...Electrically heated gear makes winter riding like summer riding...

:smile2:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I finally got that last piece of electrically heated gear..the pants...Usually I put on 3-4 layers of long underwear to keep the legs warm..while this isn't much of a problem..they do get bulky...I got myself a pair of Warm n Safe pant liners today and boy..just like all of my other heated gear..what a joy...It was like having the warm sun basking on your legs and knees...I'll be replacing my Gordon's jacket liner with a Warm n Safe jacket liner as soon as I can afford it..because I like the WnS gear a lot better...Electrically heated gear makes winter riding like summer riding...

:smile2:
One of those Winter jump suits always does it for me a couple of days a year when I need it (in SE USA,) but the deep cold never quits where you are at I imagine.

Winter in the Southern Appalachian mountains it the best: no tourists and you can see around the corners. You sometimes have to detour around snow clouds, but it's aways fun in the mountains in the Winter (with no precipitation.) It's like an empty playground. You just have to keep tabs on the weather.

How does heated gear help the black ice on the roads up North though? As well, getting salt all over your bike does not seem like a picnic. I don't know how you guys do it, but I guess that's why many of you are such good mechanics: you get a lot of practice.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does heated gear help the black ice on the roads up North though? As well, getting salt all over your bike does not seem like a picnic. I don't know how you guys do it, but I guess that's why many of you are such good mechanics: you get a lot of practice.
if you turn your heated gear up to high it will melt the black ice..lol...I stay off the bike if it's freezing and there's any moisture involved...the only exception would be the Polar Bear Run on Jan.!st (a must ride)...last year it was 28 degrees outside for the PBR...I'm in Oregon and we don't salt the roads (not that they need it much)..instead they use a "de-icer" goob that's actually slicker than the ice on a bike (I got bit by it)...I rode around today with 40 degree temperatures and felt like it was July...four pieces of electric gear with a controller (2 dual controllers) for each...actually looking forward to some 30 degree temps...

:wink2:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very interesting! Does the Versys charging system handle this without any problems?
Thanks!
I guess we'll see...last winter I had everything except the pant liners with no percieved problems...if my stator goes our before 30k or so I'll know why...lol...

:wink2:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I need to pick up one of those little charge indicator LED's for the dash to let me know if i'm overloading the system while riding.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
On "onewizard's" advice I bought a "Heads-Up" LED voltage indicator, and heartily recommend them!

It's on my '15 in BC, so I can't give any more info than that....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts