Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

just bought a UK 2020 model 650 Versys and am planning on installing some heated grips (probably Oxfords as they rate highly and I’m from there) but I digress.
Has anyone wired them in via the in loom connector fitted to this model instead of directly to the battery? Seems a shame not to use the purpose built connector.
Any help, videos, etc greatly appreciated
Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
9,767 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome from Croatia.

I have 2018 model, and this is how i connect my KOSO heated grips:

First you need relay, and than accessories will work

You have under left plastic OEM 12V wires for heated grips:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

This black wire are ground, white are "live" wire.
Just connect to that and it will work.

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Bicycle part Fender

Reactions: james75

·
Super Moderator
20,641 Posts
UNLESS they changed the 'process' after the "early" Gen 3 V650s (mine is a '15), you must install a relay just above the right-side headlight to put power to those wires.

I used the Kawi OEM relay on mine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I installed Oxford heated grips on my 2016 using the connections that Kardan shows in the pics above. Those are the connections that were put there for the Kawasaki heated grips. And I'm assuming you need the relay. I already installed it for my accessory power port.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Versys 650 and installed the Oxford grips yesterday (sport version). I had bullet wire connections like that near the relay installation location above the right head light. Are the ones there behind the left fairing in the pics above running on that same relay? I’m guessing yes…the ones behind the fairing doe grips and the ones by the headlight for a charging port. If so, it seems that circuit still is only supported by one 5amp fuse under the seat by the battery. That’s terribly disappointing. Seems it should have been a 10amp circuit for all the farkles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are mine mounted…also, I found a great mount location is using the top mirror bolt. You need to use one of the longer bolts that Oxford supplies and one tie wrap…fits well.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle frame
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

just bought a UK 2020 model 650 Versys and am planning on installing some heated grips (probably Oxfords as they rate highly and I’m from there) but I digress.
Has anyone wired them in via the in loom connector fitted to this model instead of directly to the battery? Seems a shame not to use the purpose built connector.
Any help, videos, etc greatly appreciated
Cheers
Dave
I have put the oxford on my wife's 2014 650 and my 2017 v1000. Both time I ran new wire back to the battery and the grips had their own fuse. yes, takes longer but, for me, it is cleaner and I know how they are wired and the grips work great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts