Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, they do make it nice riding on a crisp day. Often makes me wonder why I waited so long to install them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice addition!

If I'm wearing them, I'll turn on the heated gloves before I'll turn on the grips. But the grips are always there with heat if needed. On the freeway on cold days I'll use both.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed Oxford heated grips and Barkbuster Storm hand guards over the winter and they've made a huge difference in cold/cool morning rides into work. The tips of my thumbs still get a bit cold when it's less than 40F out but otherwise it's excellent.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I had Oxford grips installed on a previous bike and loved them for cooler temps. I have to say though for "cold" weather riding (10C/50F to 0C/32F) heated gloves are superior to heated grips. They heat the back of the hands and fingers, the parts that get really cold. If I knew heated gear (jacket liner and gloves) was as good as it is in cooler temps, I would have got it a lot sooner.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Since I'm a cheap basdid I got some cheap $7 fleabay Chinese grip heaters and plan to put them on top of the stock grip and cover them with a set of grip puppies. total investment about $16. I didn't come up with this idea...saw someone else do this on the interweb so I know it will work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine also has Oxford heated grips that the previous owner had installed.
They've got some miles on them, are there replacement (rubber) grips available when I wear them out, or do I have to buy the whole package?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Nope. IMO your best best is Oxford. http://lockitt.com/AccessoriesGrips3.htm
I installed them fall of 10'. They were a easy install and work pretty good. However somehow in between testing them before install and after install the "brain" went bad. They were replaced free under warranty, but still a pain. I read some bad things about the controllers going bad on them(of coarse after I bought them....) but so far they have been good.

The only thing I would say is that when you install them:
There is a big connector plug that connects the "brain" to the controller. I have this plug hidden down under my tank along the frame. The grips stopped working this year(of course in cold March) and I couldn't figure out why. The plug had come undone. When I found it and repaired it I wrapped the connection in duct tape to help give it a better hold. Seems to be working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts