Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I've been thinking about adding some heat tape to the headers of my gen 2 650. Mostly I like the look as I'm slowly wanting to make the machine look a little more badass.

2 questions:

1) Any members have any pics of this mod already complete?
2) Is there any reason i should NOT do this to my bike?

Happy to learn what you all know...

Mark

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Do a little research.

Revzilla article says this. "It’s hard on pipes. Wrap can cause excessive heat and hold and trap moisture and detritus against your exhaust, which will shorten the life of the exhausts. Most manufacturers consider pipe wrapping to be abusive and will not honor warranties for wrapped exhausts. "

Also, If you walk through racing paddocks at MotoGP or World Superbike events, you will see no woven fiberglass tape wrapped around pipes. So don't expect any performance gain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a little research.

Revzilla article says this. "It’s hard on pipes. Wrap can cause excessive heat and hold and trap moisture and detritus against your exhaust, which will shorten the life of the exhausts. Most manufacturers consider pipe wrapping to be abusive and will not honor warranties for wrapped exhausts. "

Also, If you walk through racing paddocks at MotoGP or World Superbike events, you will see no woven fiberglass tape wrapped around pipes. So don't expect any performance gain.
Thanks for forwarding the article. Everything I was able to find seemed to be sponsored by Wrap companies or otherwise not very credible.

As I mentioned above, not looking for performance...just tweaking the aesthetics of the bike. While Lemmy is claiming that that the wrap can harm the bike...is there any members out there who have done it and found this issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts