1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good news!

http://www.gi-pro.net/

What I sent:

"Are you planning on releasing a GI-Pro for the 2008 Kawasaki Versys? My bike is a US spec model, but I’m sure the 2007-2008 Euro spec models would be the same. This should also fit the Ninja 650R, and ER6N models. I know there are a load of people (including myself) that are anxiously awaiting a unit once available.

Or, by chance would the existing GIPRO-K03 unit work for my application? That would be even better!!!! ☺

Thanks so much for your time.

Ride Safe,
Jim "MackDaddy" Mackenzie"

What I got back from them:

"Hello Jim,

Thank you for your email.

We will release a GIpro later this year which will work with the Versys.
I'll keep you posted.

Kind Regards,
/Norbert
HealTech Electronics"

I put one on my previous M109. Love it! I need one for the Versys.

I'll keep you all posted if they send me any other info! :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
How much does this set you back for? I'd love to have one - but depends on how much. My farkle fund is running a deficit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like ~ $160.00

I got in on a group buy last time on M109 Riders Forums and I think we got them for around $135.00 shipped.

When Norbert gets back to me I'll see if we can do a 10 person group buy to save some coin.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I never understood the logic for a gear indicator, your either in the right gear or not. If not just shift appropriately until you are. It seems to be as you ride the bike and get to know it that shifting into the right gear just comes natural. Just how do you use the gear indicator?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personal preference. I like know what gear I'm in. I try and keep it in my head, but while in the twisties I find the gear indicator a true asset. Just my take...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news. Norbert & the engineering crew are in the final stages of "packaging" the GIPro for the Versys. He offered me a discount on a new unit (in a plain box) to test & evaluate. I'll try and get it installed & tested soon after taking delivery, but truthfully it's getting COLD here in Central Ohio. None the less, I'll report back to him when I can.

As for a group buy, they're always open to do a deal. May have to work it through their US distributor (CalSportBike.) I'll report more as things progress.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know, that's something I've yet to ask - determine. I'm assuming it will include ATRE functionality, but don't know for sure. I'll ask Norbert ASAP.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I never understood the logic for a gear indicator, your either in the right gear or not. If not just shift appropriately until you are. It seems to be as you ride the bike and get to know it that shifting into the right gear just comes natural. Just how do you use the gear indicator?
Keeps you from trying to shift into "7th" gear. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in, also! I've ridden bikes with them in the past and found it to be helpful, as I don't often count gears going up OR down. There are a lot more important things for me to be paying attention to whilst on 2 wheels!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's good to hear!

Any idea if the ATRE will also be available?
Norbert says NO ATRE function for the Versys. We don't need it. Also, the Versys specific GI-Pro is smaller in size compared to the ATRE units. I'm all for that. Functional & compact!

Now I just need to get it here in the states to do the install & eval. Hopefully next week...

Jim

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator.

"The GIpro is a Gear Indicator with built-in Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator. This combo unit is not only the most advanced Gear Indicator on the market, but also the best TRE device available for selected Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles.

Gear Indicators compute gear position from engine and wheel speed, while the GIpro reads the Gear Position Sensor directly. This is why the GIpro gives faster and more reliable readings under any conditions.

The built-in Advanced TRE improves part-throttle response in lower gears. It will also improve low end torque at full throttle and disable the speed limiter on certain bike models. By default this function is turned off, and can be activated by the touch of a button. ATRE combines all the benefits of different types of TRE available today, in one single unit.
ATRE is a Switchable + Remappable + Smart + Automatic TRE.

Auto Brightness Controller ensures that display brightness is always optimal. The sensitivity level can be even fine tuned if desired.

The GIpro works well with, or without other aftermarket electronics, such as the Power Commander and SpeedoHealer.
The unit installs in about 10 minutes on most bikes and works out of the box. No cumbersome learning process is involved."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts