Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing the bulb on my gen 3 and I can’t seem to release the spring clip. Is there a technique that I’m not getting? Help please. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
Replacing the bulb on my gen 3 and I can’t seem to release the spring clip. Is there a technique that I’m not getting? Help please. Thanks.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/191-technical-discussion-how-posts-all-models/223547-led-headlight-mk-3-safego.html

This is after modification, notice the indent, originally the clip tip pointed right and was left of the fixed point

Not as easy to see but before my mod

So pushing in and down if mounted on the bike, I converted my bike to full LED

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/191-technical-discussion-how-posts-all-models/223547-led-headlight-mk-3-safego.html

This is after modification, notice the indent, originally the clip tip pointed right and was left of the fixed point

So pushing in and down if mounted on the bike, I converted my bike to full LED
Thanks so much, this should help quite a bit. I couldn’t see anything and I was afraid to simply force it and chance breaking something. I’ll take a look again tomorrow.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I was never able to get the spring clip released. When I took my bike in for it's annual inspection (required in the great state of MA) the mechanic took a look and after about five minutes of fussing he was able to take care of it and he replaced the bulb. He instructed me on how to take care of it next time but I swear I was doing what he said... obviously something wasn't right with my attempt. Anyway, it's fixed thanks to him and the bike passed inspection. I also gave him a tip for the above and beyond effort.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The first time replacing the bulbs was a PITA. It's gotten easier each time I've done it. And I've only done it a few times. The thing is, you have to go by feel since you can't see in there with your hand in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts