Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all bought second-hand versys 650 2008 headlight wasn't working. Rode the bike home about 20miles battery melted and shut the bike down have put a new battery on and new rectifier regulator relay appt and new CDU bike starts and blows the bulb again .any help would be geeat thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi and welcome!

What voltage is coming out at the H7 bulb connector?
If you plug the H7 after it's started granted the voltage is below 15V, for just a second (wear gloves anyway it's hot), does it blow too?
Because if it does, that would be a bad brand/batch of bulbs!
I buy sylverstar ultra II (whiter and brighter and I burn one every year or so).

I usually blow the H7 on start, not while riding, and around the end of life of that bulb, not new ones.
I suspect either a spike of voltage on start, or the fact that the bulb is cold and its low resistance when cold lets a very high current through, sometimes too much (at end of life or for cheap brands)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi, all bought second-hand versys 650 2008 headlight wasn't working. Road the bike home about 20miles battery melted and shut the bike down
I would look at the bigger picture before concentrating on the bulb. What caused the battery to melt? Possibly a short somewhere in the wiring harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts