Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
howdy and happy holidays.

i am going to put some led h7 bulbs in the '18 v650. the have a fan attached. i have figured i may have to cut a hole in the boot to expose the cooling fan of the led bulb. probably just enough to fit around the shaft between the fan and the light. i have seen on partzilla that the boots for the earlier versions have a hole exposing the back of the bulb. does anyone know if they would fit the gen 3 headlight assembly? i would prefer not to butcher the boot so to speak. 2014 #49016. it's the same for the ninja 650 and klr. the ninja is $1 cheaper.

thanks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Unless something has changed or your bulb assemblies are different you will also have to make up new custom retaining clips as the stock ones will not fit the new assembly. I used Evitek brand LED. I used a steel clothes hangar.

Someone here did a really nice how to on it with excellent pics. Time to do a search.

Reactions: jaaklucas

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless something has changed or your bulb assemblies are different you will also have to make up new custom retaining clips as the stock ones will not fit the new assembly. I used Evitek brand LED. I used a steel clothes hangar.

Someone here did a really nice how to on it with excellent pics. Time to do a search.
thanks. i'll do that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
As far as punching a hole in the boot is concerned its probably a good idea to have a ventilation hole anyways to allow the fan to discharge the heat. Read that in a post by someone here not long ago,probably courtesy of onewizard. Good science there. Wish I had thought that detail through when I did mine as heat is an issue for longevity of this big LED, especially the constantly on low-beam. The fan is always on so I believe it would be continuously pushing air out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as punching a hole in the boot is concerned its probably a good idea to have a ventilation hole anyways to allow the fan to discharge the heat. Read that in a post by someone here not long ago,probably courtesy of onewizard. Good science there. Wish I had thought that detail through when I did mine as heat is an issue for longevity of this big LED, especially the constantly on low-beam. The fan is always on so I believe it would be continuously pushing air out.
i would think of putting the shaft of the bulb through the boot with the fan exposed. just thinking. that's why i am wondering if the gen2 boot would fit the gen3 headlamp.

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
And the Safego F2 H7 36W didnt need any homemade wire clip, stock H7 connector and bracket for us if I remember correct. They also can rotate 360 degrees in the socket though I haven't tried experimenting with this to see if it helps with our 6 sided reflector issues. Next time I open the lid I may. Very slick, bright lights!

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
And the Safego F2 H7 36W didnt need any homemade wire clip, stock H7 connector and bracket for us if I remember correct. They also can rotate 360 degrees in the socket though I haven't tried experimenting with this to see if it helps with our 6 sided reflector issues. Next time I open the lid I may. Very slick, bright lights!
To do list this winter, have the SafeGo in low beam, since high beam is only used when no opposing traffic, I am going to try it out. It would mean a 50 to 60 watt reduction on high beam. And the SafeGo is sitting in the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts