Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My entire trip to work in the morning is in the dark. Honestly, my low beams don't light up anything farther than 20 yards in front of me. My high beams are okay but I would just like to raise everything up a little bit. Has anyone done this? Is it hard? Do you have to take anything off that will be hard to put back on?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have done it because it seams that it was not adjusted right from the factory. I did it on the right side of the bike by turning the handlebars towards the right side than there is a silver bolt that is i think 10 mm just ratchet it until it goes into the direction that you want. "It is all in your manual."

·
Registered
193 Posts
Very easy adjustment. I took the left cowling off so I could get to the wheels more easily. Now it lights up the road really well - much better than my car does.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Bright lights....GOOD, Deer BAD!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...The adjustment was simple. Turned my wheel all the way to the right....shined a light to see what I was reaching for and turned it clockwise to raise the beams. Much better now... Unless you have banana hands you should be able to reach up there without taking anything off.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thansk for the link sharrison. Most helpful. Currently I can ride with my high beams on all the time at night and no one flashes me.
I plan to install PIAA bulbs though. I ride about 10 miles through very dark roads every morning, with a lot of deer along the way.
Let me know how you make out with those PIAA lights I have been wanting to get something brighter just dont want to put the wrong thing in there. Updates PLease

·
Registered
196 Posts
Osram Hyper 65 Lights

Let me know how you make out with those PIAA lights I have been wanting to get something brighter just dont want to put the wrong thing in there. Updates PLease
Got em in mine 2100 lumens!! Nuff said:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is a great tip about adjusting the lights. In all the test here in the magazins a negative point was the lights. The very short beam. I also use the high beam and nobody makes signals. But it's better to adjust!

Also thought of putting in Xenon lights. It's allowed now here in the Netherlands.Seems to work very good.

Have a nice weekend

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts