Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be keeping everyone updated with some pictures and general updates of the daily progress. Hope this all goes well. I am a little anxious about going so far by myself. The bike has 3200 approx miles had oil change at 2800 miles when I bout it last August. I just got an Airhawk and it's a very weird feeling floating on the seat but I think I am going to enjoy the lack of hot spots. I have been adjusting the t-rex racing highway pegs for the last few weeks I am pretty sure I have it where I am very comfortable. Any questions please ask.

Kyle

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nothing's better than a good long tour. Have fun. You'll relax after the first few miles. BTW, the Airhawk should have only as much air as necessary to BARELY lift your ass off the seat. If it doesn't look flat when you're not sitting on it, it's over-inflated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nothing's better than a good long tour. Have fun. You'll relax after the first few miles. BTW, the Airhawk should have only as much air as necessary to BARELY lift your ass off the seat. If it doesn't look flat when you're not sitting on it, it's over-inflated.
Yeah, Doug's right. It should fill in the voids where your butt doesn't fit the seat...am I right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will adjust it some more I thought I had it mostly unfilled but I do feel a floating sensation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with the Airhawk instructions. It’s very easy to get them overinflated. Generally speaking when you have them where you think they need to be, it’s time to let more air out. Less is more.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I'm hoping your route is mostly back roads with interesting roadside attractions along the way.

For me interstate riding is not a road trip, just a means to get to a destination.

My idea of a road trip is stopping in out of the way places and experiencing local foods, local attractions, and conversing with the locals.

·
Registered
430 Posts
How's your trip going??

I'm no pro cartographer, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how a round trip from Connecticut to South Carolina turns into a 2800 mile adventure 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts