Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well hate to say its so. Will be going back to Puerto Rico after a few doctors appointments this december. Will be back in Ponce PR. I like that area, taking back over a business we sold last year. The owner is having health and family issues and needs to get back to the states quick. My GF really likes PR for the weather and business there is really really good. She wants me to go because we'll be there for multiple years or until she wants to retire. I wasn't planning on going back to work because i've been enjoying doing what i want for the last few years. But there its not really working and the island is beautiful i'll be surrounded by good looking women all day long...Yea its a tough job but someone has to do it right..:D Will get a bike after a few months found a Harley/Yamaha Dealership and also a Kawasaki Dealership on the island. Leaning towards the FZ-09 or another Versys. Was going to ship my bike over but its just not a smart move. $1700.00 to have it shipped plus taxes and fees etc,etc. I'll keep the Versys so i have something to ride when i come back to visit Cali. Will still be very active on the forum.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
...found a Harley/Yamaha Dealership and also a Kawasaki Dealership on the island. Leaning towards the FZ-09 or another Versys...I'll keep the Versys so i have something to ride when i come back to visit Cali. Will still be very active on the forum.
Having TWO Vs is MY suggestion, as it works so well for me!

You ALREADY know which 'farkles' work best....:clap:

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having TWO Vs is MY suggestion, as it works so well for me!

You ALREADY know which 'farkles' work best....:clap:

Will be keeping the farkles to a minimum. A few 12V Outlets, GPS Mount, Lowering Pegs,Highway Pegs,Admore Light Bar,Stebel Horn,Maybe a Cup Holder and a Topcase. :D:D

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two Vs set up exactly the same so you don't have to think about where you are. The only problem is when you leave something under the seat on one V and go looking for it on the other. LOL!

How many miles of roads are there in PR?
The island is not that big.It takes about 2 hours to go across it. From San Juan to Ponce its about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic. But there are quite a few roads that wind all over the place..Would be perfect for a Dual Sport because there are a lot of roads or trails in the jungle and mountains.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have a great time, and looking forward to your videos from PR!

Will do...This time i'm going to actually enjoy myself while i'm there.:)

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Two Vs set up exactly the same so you don't have to think about where you are. The only problem is when you leave something under the seat on one V and go looking for it on the other. LOL!....
When you set the two Vs up "the same" - you have the SAME stuff under each seat! (I carry a spare clutch cable under there, along w/ a 12v compressor and "Fuzeblock", on BOTH.)

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you set the two Vs up "the same" - you have the SAME stuff under each seat! (I carry a spare clutch cable under there, along w/ a 12v compressor and "Fuzeblock", on BOTH.)

If i was to do that it would be cheaper for me to just buy a Gold Wing there.:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best of wishes for you Joseph! Hope all goes well for you and your GF there.
Thanks, The only bad thing is you can't get buttermilk on the island so i'll have to adjust the carrot cake recipe.:(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks, The only bad thing is you can't get buttermilk on the island so i'll have to adjust the carrot cake recipe.:(
Well, you could use plain yogurt instead. Or is that not available there either? Or sour some milk with lemon juice. That would work too.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, you could use plain yogurt instead. Or is that not available there either? Or sour some milk with lemon juice. That would work too.

Not sure about yogurt..I've never eaten any that i know of. I'll just up the vegetable oil and it'll work out fine..:)

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I was talking about a personal item. I was reminded of this from a mansion I visited once. The owner had two identical homes. One up north and one in Florida. The only difference would be the personal items he carried back and forth.

Have you ever thought " Mmm, I know I left those keys sitting on that table." Well, in his case he did, but in the other home. LOL.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was talking about a personal item. I was reminded of this from a mansion I visited once. The owner had two identical homes. One up north and one in Florida. The only difference would be the personal items he carried back and forth.

Have you ever thought " Mmm, I know I left those keys sitting on that table." Well, in his case he did, but in the other home. LOL.

Its been like that for me. I have clothes,vehicle and a house in Texas,Puerto Rico and California. That way all i have to carry on the plane is my laptop no matter where i plan to stay. When i was just dating the GF i would come out from texas to cali every 4 to 6 weeks and just brought a carry on bag to take See's Candy and some Vanilla Rolls from a chinese bakery back to texas. My brother trip out one time he opened my bag and saw nothing but candy and vanilla rolls and said "wheres your clothes" :D:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts