Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok everyone man and the guys at RAW performance are building a custom header for all the 650cc bikes. we would like to get a group buy going. if we can get 15 people or so then the cost will be a lot lower. if anyone is interested let me know. [email protected] i will be in contact thank you.:usa::thumb::interesting::thanx:

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
STUPID QUESTION TIME!!!!!!!!

OK, So on your average automobile you have this thing called an exhaust manifold.
it a chunky, ugly, piece of casting....sometimes aluminium, sometimes iron.... that is all rough and messy inside and generally mucks up the exhaust airflow process. ( turbulence everywhere, not very pretty and well, it's a "manifold fer gosh sakes.....get rid of it!).

Ahhhh then, there's the 'Headers'.....Serpentine curves of seamless drawn steel, smooth to the touch both outside and all the more importantly; along the inside as well.
Elegant in their simplicity and when properly engineered, the individual 'runners' are of equal length; redefining efficient removal of exhaust gases. (Back pressure??? What back pressure! It's like getting a third bloody lung fer gosh sakes).
Headers are so much better at doing what they do that one can easily realize as much as a ten percent improvement in horse power.
(More power.....never a bad thing).
I get dumping the heavy factory 'can' for something lighter. Dropping 9 pounds from the dry weight is amazing, even if there was no other improvement in performance!!!.

But my bike looks to have header pipes already....all bikes do. No ugly piece of casting hanging off the exhaust ports on my bike!
So what's the advantage and real potential gain with swapping out the 'factory header pipes' with an after market piece ?????

stupid question right??????:confused:
I'll shut up now.:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think you missed it stagehand...a header is a big piece of wood used over door and window frames...go back and reread the thread, but we still need nails.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well for starters, thefactory header pipe is too small in diameter. and the merge collector isnt all that great. i will also be installing 2 o2 bungs in the pipe so we can run and advanced map with the auto tune. The leo vince header is worth from 4-5 hp. so we will be expecting the same if i get enough people i believe i can get the header down to about 350$. i need like 15-20 people in on it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is this header on the shelf or are you looking for preorders before it is developed?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Is this header on the shelf or are you looking for preorders before it is developed?
:feedback:
My thought exactly.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts