Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
What a lame story. Why leave with a bike you "didn't buy?" Doesn't a PO include a description and serial number of what you're buying? I mean, how wimpy is this man? Goodness, get a spine.

Oh, no....I'll go cry to the local TV station.

Additionally, this probably never happened at a Japanese dealer....;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sounds like the dealership has some accounting issues which led to some integrity issues. BS move to screw the customer.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The first sentence of the article told me all I needed to know... But I agree with previous comments: why leave the dealership with something different than you bought and paid for?

·
Registered
191 Posts
In the good old days, everything was sealed with a handshake. This guy being a senior may be from that era (does not even has a checking account). By now he must have known how things have changed.

Can't entirely blame him as he was burning whatever adrenalin he has left when mounting the bike and could have forgotten the basic checks on the POs. Don't forget, people gets old.

·
Registered
354 Posts
If I can avoid it I don't pay with cash, too easy for this kinda thing to happen. I paid cash for a brand new Ducati 748 in 2001 and the guy counted out the cash 3 times and came up with three different amounts, the forth and fifth time finally confirmed the third count. If nothing else, it delayed me from riding away on my new bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts