Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone replace their bars with ones with a little more rise and little less pull back?

·
Registered
720 Posts
You can adjust how much pull back you like with rox risers no?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not exactly...im talking about the actual angles in the bars...I like my bars straighter. the bars are bent back on the v....

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ah, my bad, it is that kinda pull back u mean...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not exactly...im talking about the actual angles in the bars...I like my bars straighter. the bars are bent back on the v....
Me too. The angle of the V bars is the only thing that really bothers me about this bike's ergo's. Kojack: if you find suitable replacement bars, likely paired with ROX risers, post a photo here...

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
FWIW - when I had my Bandit I HATED the stock bar angles, as they put my hands to sleep. Put 'drag-bars' on with risers (1.5" or so) and LOVED it!
:goodluck:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
freddie, I may go the crusier route...there is a multitude of bars available maybe ape hangers...ha ha! I am going to get the specs from the stockers, and size up what I can put on, using or not using a riser.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
freddie, I may go the crusier route...there is a multitude of bars available maybe ape hangers...ha ha! I am going to get the specs from the stockers, and size up what I can put on, using or not using a riser.
Just think - you could mount your apehangers UPSIDE down for a really DIFFERENT look, altho' you might hit your chin on the tank....
;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is as close as the stocker dimension i could search.

Those numbers on the OEM bar didn't look quite right to me so I just got back from pulling the bar off my '08 on doing my own measurements.

Now, based on ProTaper's description of Height, Width, Rise & Sweep, these are my numbers:

A = 760
B = 130
C = 75

D = 190 (center to center where the OE bars are knurled = 85)
E = 90

All measurements were made as close as possible from center to center. So, depending on how you measured, the numbers may/will be different.

Some of my pictures - it doesn't work well since pictures are not 3D and what your eyes see vs. what the camera sees is pretty different.

Width

·
Registered
859 Posts
As per Andrewhtf's post, stock measurements are close to this:
(I measured them off the bike and got similar numbers)

OEM:
A: 760
B: 130
C: 75
D: 190
E: 90
F: 240

I currently have these, but I prefer stock. I like more sweep and sportier bend. It may work for you Kojack. Or the 'High' version.

ProTaper SE ATV Low:
A: 813
B: 140
C: 88
D: 228
E: 84
F: 206

I want to try Renthal Road High bars. Maybe with some riser.

A: 710
B: 140
C: 88
D: 228
E: 84
F: 206

Handlebars change the character of the bike dramatically and you can't tell much from these dimensions if you haven't tried anything but stock. Buy some cheep/sellable ones to give you an idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts