Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not find anything with the search engine so here goes,

When I press the Hazard light button I get one flash of the lights and then nothing. The turn signals work fine. I checked for continuity at the switch and it is good. I assume the hazard and turn signals share the same fuse so that's not the problem. Any way the flasher itself could be bad for the hazard light but still work with the turn signals?? What else could the problem be?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you have any extra turn signals added to your bike? I added a pair of turn signals to my saddle bags and the same thing happened to me. The funny thing though, when I remove my saddlebags and disconnect the wires, the hazard lights work fine. I assume it has something to do with resistance or load... I don't know. I figured having extra turn signals is more important than hazard lights.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Silly me, I didn't know I had hazard lights. Anyway, if you swap the O.E.M. turn signal relay for a solid state aftermarket one they will work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silly me, I didn't know I had hazard lights. Anyway, if you swap the O.E.M. turn signal relay for a solid state aftermarket one they will work.
Finally found a solid state aftermarket relay and that did the trick. Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts