Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was rafting on the Delaware River many many years ago, right at that spot. The wife is from that area.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My uncle said I should check it out and sent me this pic which looks similar to yours. I've just never gotten around to riding it yet.

Try hosting the image at www.imageshack.us, the photo doesn't seem to be working.

In any case, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been there. I saw plenty of bikers and sport cars, so it's no big secret. Some guys were flying up and down the road, but I would go again exactly when I went-as the sun was going down. The view is amazing, so take your time and make frequent stops to take it all in.

And at the bottom there was an awesome ice cream/hamburger place.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice photos, njd. That's a fun region. The first time I rode through High Point and west Jersey I kept saying, "Wow, this is New Jersey?" It's the same with people who think Massachusetts only means Boston but then they ride in western Mass and can't believe where they are.

Thanks for sharing your ride. That shade of green sure looks gnarly!

·
Registered
384 Posts
There are so many great roads off of that one road, is that the only road you ran? If so, that would be a shame, on the PA side you can find some amazing stretches of road to ride on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are so many great roads off of that one road, is that the only road you ran? If so, that would be a shame, on the PA side you can find some amazing stretches of road to ride on.
Yeah I didn't have a chance to try any side roads. I do know what the area is like because I used to camp up there when I was little. As it was, I got home a little before 11pm, so I didn't really have much time to explore. I'll definitely be going back there again very soon (probably next weekend).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Haven't been up that way in a couple of years now. There are some great roads up there, for sure. May have to head up that way in early September when I can take a full day and spend some time hitting those sweet looking curves...:goodidea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts