Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to install handlebar risers on my 2017 V1000. I am looking at Rox 2” or 1 3/4” for their flexibility but am concerned about cable length. I am 6’ 4” and find myself reaching for the bars and leaning over, which becomes uncomfortable.

If you have added risers, which Versys model, which riser manufacturer/model did you use, were there any installation or fitment issues and what has your experience been?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I installed the 2 inch ROX risers on my 2009 650 Versys last night. Rode to work and love them so far. I was concerned about my clutch cable being tight at full left turn, but I realized that it was tight because I was squeezing the clutch in. Otherwise it had some free movement and was fine.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I can't say about the 1K but I put Rox 3 1/2" risers on my V650 and all the cables etc. "fit" but I did have to re-route the clutch cable behind the triple tree.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
I put 2" ROX Risers on BOTH my '08 and '09 V650s, and then moved the '09's to my '15 V650 when I bought it.

I CAN'T imagine riding w/out them!

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
I put 2" ROX Risers on BOTH my '08 and '09 V650s, and then moved the '09's to my '15 V650 when I bought it.

I CAN'T imagine riding w/out them!

And absolutely NO FITMENT ISSUES!

·
Registered
64 Posts
be careful with the 1000, the brake hose is really short and don't allow much of a riser, i put a 1in on mine and run it for a day and took them off, i wasn't really comfortable with the way the hose was pulling and seemed like the throttle cable was also hard to twist.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This goes along with this thread....So after reading I thought I would try and rotate my handlebar forward a little before spending money on risers. But after checking the manual it says to not let the punch mark go below the corner edge which would happen if I rotated the bar forward. So is this not safe to adjust the bar a little?

Reactions: Shibumik

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
This goes along with this thread....So after reading I thought I would try and rotate my handlebar forward a little before spending money on risers. But after checking the manual it says to not let the punch mark go below the corner edge which would happen if I rotated the bar forward. So is this not safe to adjust the bar a little?

Thats the problem with reading instructions. You find out stuff you're not suppose to do :smile2: . I put MotoWerk Risers on mine and i know i changed the position of the bars also but i didn't know or care about any punch marks. 2 years later everything seem to still be working..:grin2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thats the problem with reading instructions. You find out stuff you're not suppose to do :smile2: . I put MotoWerk Risers on mine and i know i changed the position of the bars also but i didn't know or care about any punch marks. 2 years later everything seem to still be working..:grin2:
Haha...thanks man. :grin2: I think it will be ok to try as long as bars don't hit something without the risers. Just want them a little bit more toward me.

Reactions: Shibumik

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What I Suspected...

Thank you for this validation. It is what I feared. On the Rox site, it said the 1 3/4’” risers would fit the Versys 1000, but one customer said he or she has to release the plastic cable carrier and the metal wire clip that restrains the bundles and brake lines at the right top of the fork to make it work. I am not comfortable doing that. I noticed the front brake cable was short. I am not willing to gamble safety for comfort in this case. Bummer. Oh well.

be careful with the 1000, the brake hose is really short and don't allow much of a riser, i put a 1in on mine and run it for a day and took them off, i wasn't really comfortable with the way the hose was pulling and seemed like the throttle cable was also hard to twist.

·
Registered
759 Posts
A few weeks ago I found a set of Bike Master risers for $36, brand new at Barney's in St. Pete. They're "stackable", meaning they go from 1', 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". They go straight back (no pivoting like the Rox). So far I really like them!

A plus is that they move the mirrors out so I now have no problem seeing what's behind me! :grin2:

https://bikemaster.com/motorcycle-r...ackets-clamps/black-7-8-handlebar-risers.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts