Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of oem handguards got them on the bike, look great right. Not so fast, they won't clear my windscreen.

I believe the previous owner told me it was a Givi screen. I thought about the madstad adustable bracket, but I do not know if that will give me enough clearance, do I need to trade/sell my screen and get a narrow profile one?
You guys with all the experience I need your help. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There's a thread where some have used a dremel to cut out where the handguards fit so that a new screen isn't needed. I'd done that when I had a givi. Used tape to mark where to trim.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well went the other way. Took the belt sander out, put in my vice upside down. Marked the edges I needed to reduce to get clearence on the hand guards, which was not much asked several people and they said they could not even tell that it had been modified. Used 100 grit on the belt sander, finished by hand sanding with 400 grit.

Note: Do not use and orbital or a "Block" to put your sanding paper in. This can cause small cracks around the edges. This was taken care of by going back with the belt sander. But some reason one of the aforemention methods did not work. The belt sander and hand sanding, almost looks like a factory finish, you just have to be careful and try to make both sides look symetrical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts