Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this the other day. It seems the lower section of my cylinder body (below the support tube) has lightened. Is this normal, or do I have a problem? My only thought is heat, but I always change my oil well before 5K, and I also changed it right after my two multi-day adventures this year, so it's not from oil breakdown... I'm at a loss.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Since it is exactly at the line of the different sections of engine, I am guessing it has always been like that and you haven't noticed. They were probably paintedin different batches.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Your cylinder block is of a different color. It looks like it's from or for a Ninja 650R/ER-6n.

What year is your Versys? What is bought used, or worked on?

·
Registered
720 Posts
hey, it's a nice 2-tone colored engine!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just checked mine, same thing.... Weird I've never noticed it, but then again I've never really looked.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your cylinder block is of a different color. It looks like it's from or for a Ninja 650R/ER-6n.

What year is your Versys? What is bought used, or worked on?
My Versys was a 2013, dealer Demo with 4 thousand kms on it when I purchased it last April. (Now has 12K) I was not told that any work was done on it by the dealer, so I will go in and ask.

Another question I have is.... Are the gaskets on top, and between the bottom halves supposed to be white?

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
...Are the gaskets on top, and between the bottom halves supposed to be white?

Thank You
Just looked at my '09 - they're either white or (more likely) pale grey.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yes, they are aluminum gaskets... As confirmed by IanThomas, the lighter colored cylinder block appears to be normal for 2013 models at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts