Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I won't do it because I don't want a stripe up my back like when I rode bicycle's in the rain !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
when i bought my Versys the tail piece was cut just like the one in the Corbin pic, no problem with spray from the tire when the road is wet. Your back will not have a strip from it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I won't do it because I don't want a stripe up my back like when I rode bicycle's in the rain !!!
I just put my Hugger on, and I don't ride in the rain if possible:thumb:
I would like to put on a new Custom Under Tail Piece, but they're pricey!!

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I cut the last five or six inches off to facilitate use of a rear wheel stand. The reflector bit kept getting in the way. I trimmed it following the descending V shape. It is hardly noticeable and still provides some fling-off protection.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like about the same look I did the day I got my V. I don't really think getting rid of the entire rear does for the V. what it does for most rockets, I like it but not sure I wanna spend that much for it, not to mention the fact that you lose some spray protection with it. A hugger only protects from about mid-tail forward, so your tail light will still might take whatever your tire throws at it. Here's a couple of pics of mine I shot for ya. It was super easy, about 2 min with a hacksaw and a large file. Looks much better without that huge reflector, I think.
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good luck indeed!
Just take a bit of due time to get it right, even trace with a pencil if you like. use a large coarse file for final finishing. Looks better than stock and is FREE!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here is mine. A dremel and some scrap metal and wallah.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just cut mine straight across just below the bottom of the license plate.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yep - Trimmed the tail, made a little stainless steel bracket and remounted the plate. Also took off the grab handles while I was there, and finally took off the 'Eiffel tower' rear foot pegs [edit - added completed tail photo]

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's the first red hugger I've seen. That model doesn't come in red--did you paint it? Colorite or did you find a close match? Looks good.

·
Registered
699 Posts
hey baddone...what hugger is that? Did you paint it yourself? Looks very nice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey baddone...what hugger is that? Did you paint it yourself? Looks very nice.
It is a Powerbronze hugger I got off E-bay. I painted it with some red I had lying around the garage. I have since found some paint that matches much better and I did my belly pans with it, haven't taken pics yet of the belly pans but they look great.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.