Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a bulkhead fitting on the tank bottom for a fuel cell?

If not, do you know if there is room for putting a hole through the fuel pump plate for one or if you would have to go through the tank bottom? Know of any alternatives like using another line that returns to the tank?

Tony

·
Registered
577 Posts
you could probably use one of the tank vents on a california tank if you were crafty with a mini tubing cutter....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I was just looking at the fuel pump parts diagram (49040). It looks like there isn't room on the mounting plate to add a bulkhead fitting.

Then, I looked at the fuel tank parts diagram. I noticed the fuel gauge (52005) has a square mounting plate. I wonder 1> if a bulkhead fitting could be put on that, and 2>what is the clearance outside the tank near it for the outlet.

Tony

·
Registered
30 Posts
You've got my interest up, Fuel cell ? Are you talking something like an auxiliary tank for extra gas ? My buddy has a KLR that holds 6 gal, so I'm trying to figure out how to carry extra on mine so that I'm not the one holding up the show. [The only fuel cells I'm familiar with are the ones in race cars that are the main fuel tanks and are filled with foam.... That & the Hydrogen type]..... There's a nipple on the bottom of my versys tank, but it's connected to an internal line that goes up by the filler neck, so that wouldn't work...My 650r tank [CA model] has three nipples, but it's full of gas, so I can't check how those go through.... I've had past experiences with radiator shops that do fuel tank repair, they should be able to add a bulkhead fitting..[they would probably silver solder it on].... I think I would try the one in the sender plate first though...... Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Way cool, can't wait for the pics........ The 650r has some rear fairings under the seat that I was hoping to duplicate with aluminum [skiils permitting] Not sure quite how much gas they would hold though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the link I post has alot of info on it as well. I have read the IBA stuff. I am hope to find out that he didn't have to use a bulk head fitting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts